Caramel Pumpkin Cake with Tinker Dust
It’s Fall, so we need to squeeze in as many pumpkin recipes as possible! We're starting off with a classic and our ultimate favorite- a Pumpkin cake, topped with homemade caramel cream cheese frosting and decorated with Orange Tinker Dust. This batter is perfect to make a poke pumpkin cake, pumpkin bundt cake, pumpkin cupcakes, or pumpkin muffins! The options are endless with our recipe!
My favorite part of making cakes is the decorating part! Being able to add sprinkles and edible glitter to a cake makes the process worth every oven burn! For this cake I am going to use our and a mix of Orange Mini Beads, and Orange Jimmies, and top with our fall favorite, Orange Tinker Dust!
Caramel Spiced Pumpkin Cake Recipe:
- 1 box, spice cake mix
- 1 c. canned, pumpkin puree
- 1 c. water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 3/4 c. caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg, cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 c. Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With a hand mixer, mix the cake mix, pumpkin, water, eggs and oil stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake at 350 for 30-33 minutes.
- While the cake is still hot, poke holes into the cake with the end of a wooden spoon. In a microwave safe bowl, heat up a 1/2 cup of the caramel sauce for about 20-30 seconds. Pour the warm caramel sauce over the top of the hot cake, make sure to get the majority of the sauce into the holes of the cake. Let the cake cool completely.
- Once the cake is cool, prepare the cream cheese frosting. With a mixer, cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk until smooth and creamy. Add the whipped topping, and fold it into the cream cheese mixture. Spread the frosting over the top of the cake, gently pressing the frosting into the holes of the cake. Smooth out evenly.
- This pumpkin cake yells sprinkles! Mix together the Orange Mini Beads and Orange jimmies and place them at the bottom of your cake to create a border of sprinkles! then, sprinkle on Tinker Dust as you please! I love Tinker dust because this edible glitter stickers to fondant, frosting and just about anything!
Don't forget to tag us on social media when you recreate these treats to be featured on our page! Follow us on Instagram or Facebook! Take an addition 15% off our Halloween collection packs by using code: HALLOWEEN15