A Home's Kitchen ~ and a PERSONAL Bakell Tapioca Pudding Recipe!!
My kitchen is by far one of my favorite places in our loving home! Remodeled with great care by my sweet Justin with attention to every little detail, included my favorite “pot filler” water spout over the stove. Odd as it may seem, the thought of “home kitchens” have been heavy on my heart lately, if you follow us, you know that my Dad passed away this year, I have so many deep seeded fond memories of him in the kitchen; my mom liked to cook, but my Dad LOVED to cook!!! I honestly cannot think about tapioca pudding without tearing up a little as this was his specialty and a very loved treat in our home growing up, it’s been on my mind a lot lately as Thanksgiving and Christmas near; he typically made this at least once over the holidays.
So, a little off of our usual baking topic, but I am very much so feeling the need to express a little of who he was and share some of these fond memories as the holidays draw near; his tapioca pudding recipe:
Tapioca by Bill Blevins (exactly how he had it written out)
- 6 Tablespoons or 1/2 cup of Tapioca
- Grind in bullet or grinder until coarse
- 4-1/2 cup of milk, which 1-1/2 cup is "pet milk" or evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Separate 2 eggs, yolk from whites
- Dash of salt
- Put Tapioca, milk and egg yolk in sauce pan blend or mix, then let soak for 5 min.
- Put over med heat steer with spatula continuously, bring to full soft boil - it will start to thicken - take off heat -
- Pour in metal bowl
- Beat egg white until stuff peaks
- Add three (3) tablespoons of sugar
- Fold together with two teaspoons of vanilla flavor
Next... EAT, Hot or Cold! We hope you enjoy this amazing and very personal Tapioca Pudding recipe!!
Bakell.com ~ Live Well. Bake Well