Vegan Cake Frosting & Sprinkles
How to decorate a Vegan cake with Vegan Icing and Vegan Sprinkles! An Easy recipe with simple but delicious ingredients!
This week I have focused on creating the perfect Vegan cake for my friends birthday gathering. My friend is lactose intolerant so vegan cakes are perfect for her. I made a Cherry Birthday Cake with a cherry filling, vegan frosting and Bakell's 10 mm Red Beads! All of Krazy Sprinkles products are vegan and are such a fun way to decorate any birthday cakes! My favorite go to sprinkles are Birthday Party Sprinkle Mix, Fairy Garden Sprinkle Mix and of course the Red Jimmies!
In this blog I will share how to make the perfect vegan frosting and how I achieved this cake look. I've made this easy vegan frosting many times and people always seem to go for a second slice! People are surprised to know it's dairy free because of the rich flavors and smooth creamy texture!
It only takes five ingredients, to make this simple and easy recipe that you can mix in a flash for a delicious vegan vanilla icing.
Vegan Baking Ingredients:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) vegan stick margarine, room temperature
- 3 – 3 1/2 cups vegan powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1–2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Tips for making the best vegan cake:
- Mix the margarine in the bowl of a stand mixer until whipped.
- Add the powdered sugar a little at a time, starting at a low speed and slowly increasing to high speed, until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the salt, milk, and vanilla until completely incorporated.
- The mixture should be thick, but it is still easy to spread. If it is too thick, add more non-dairy milk. If it is too thin, add more powdered sugar.
To create this cherry cake look I used Krazy Sprinkles beads to make the cherry hearts and a mix of my vanilla vegan frosting with vegan green food coloring. I then pipe small likes to make the cherry stems! Tip: It's optional to color your vegan frosting, but it does make the decoration of cakes so much more exciting!