Fondant Specifications, Material & Ingredients Data Sheet - Click to View:
Click Here to View - Fondant Technical Data Sheets
Click here to View - Fondant Kosher Certificate
Click here to View - Fondant Halal Certificate
APPEARANCE & PRESENTATION
A delicious dough-like icing that is rolled out to sculpt and decorate cakes. Our fondant is an excellent option for those looking for a yummy alternative to buttercream icing, along with saving those time from making it on their own. The fondant is made only with high quality ingredients which allows minimal sweating, cold to warm, and exceptional workability.
USES, RESTRICTIONS & FDA COMPLIANCE
We are FDA Compliant, all ingredients being used in our fondants are based on FDA approved ingredients & usage levels. To learn more about the FDA compliance usage levels and their approved ingredients list read “Substances Added to Food” at FDA.GOV & “FDA Approved Usage Levels” Article 73.350
Complies with food standards and purity criteria pursuant Commission Regulation (EC) Nos. 1881/2006, 1333/2008, 231/2012
EU Commission Regulation (EU) 2022/63 of 14 January 2022 amending Annexes II and III to Regulation (EC) No 1333/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council as regards the food additive titanium dioxide (E 171);
ARTICLE 2: Until 7 August 2022, foods produced in accordance with the rules applicable before 7 February 2022 may continue to be placed on the market. After that date, they may remain on the market until their date of minimum durability or ‘use by’ date - click here
SHORT TERM: Interpreted, this means in the short term, products containing Titanium Dioxide E 171 can continue to be purchased, inventoried and sold throughout the EU market up through August 7th, 2022. After the date of August 7th 2022, products containing Titanium Dioxide, E171 may continue to be sold in the EU market until their date of minimum durability or ‘use by’ date. For reference, our our edible glitter, luster dust, highlighter dust, Brew Glitter products all have a minimum durability/ shelf life of 5+ years - companies in the EU that purchase our edible glitter, luster dust and highlighter dust products can continue to sell said products over the next 5 years, through 2027.
LONG TERM: In response to the amended EU legislation, the Bakell R&D team has been working on new “like” products that are similar to current luster dust, metallic highlighter dust and other glitter products that do not contain Titanium Dioxide, e 171 to satisfy the EU customer base as a long term solution. Those products are still in the R&D stage and will be available in June of this year (2022), which is well before the new EU regulation change takes effect on August 7th, 2022.
- STORAGE Store in tightly sealed containers in a cool, dry, dark place
- STABILITY When stored under the proper conditions, initial product strength and color hue should be maintained
- SHELF LIFE Fondant containing chocolate has a shelf life of about 3 months and fondant without chocolate range from 12-18 months, depending on ingredients and color, but will be marked on on each individual product with a Best Before date.
- ALLERGENS This product does not contain any Major Food Allergens
- (As defined in the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act)
- GMO STATUS NON-GMO
- VEGAN STATUS With the exception of some products that contain Carmine (Cochineal Extract), all food grade products produced or sold by Bakell.com are suitable for Vegan and/or Vegetarian diets
- HALAL STATUS Brew Glitter® edible glitters & dusts are Halal certified through Etimad Halal
- KOSHER STATUS Fondants are Kosher certified through Sunrise Kosher
** The above information is furnished by Bakell.com. It is believed to be accurate and represents the best information currently available. However, no warranty, either expressed or implied, is made with respect to said information and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Bakell.com be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising even if Bakell.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages.