Make Beautiful Watercolor Cookies for Easter | Bakell
Watercolor Edible Dust Cookies, with an Easter twist! These cookies are perfect for any holiday or celebration. These gorgeous watercolor cookies using our new Bakell™ edible decorating dusts are perfect for baby showers, weddings, engagement parties, holiday events & of course Easter! You name it!
VANILLA SUGAR CUTOUT COOKIES
3 1/2 cups (470 g) all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (225 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cups (260 g) superfine sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons (45 ml) milk
Easter Holiday Cookie Cutters (click here)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until it becomes a pale paste (you don’t want it to be super fluffy, or the cookies will expand when baking), 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and beat well. Add the egg and milk and beat until incorporated, about 1 minute. Reduce the mixer speed to the lowest setting, and gradually add the flour mixture, beating until just incorporated (do not over-mix). Wrap the ball of dough in plastic wrap and press it firmly into a disc. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Unwrap the chilled dough and put it on a large piece of parchment. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Slide the parchment and dough onto a board and freeze or refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (180 C). Line baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and cut into shapes. Freeze again for at least 15 minutes.
5. Bake cookies on center rack just until edges are crisp and very light golden color, 12-15 minutes (varies).
EDIBLE WATERCOLOR COOKIES USING NEW EDIBLE DUSTSPeriwinkle Blue Edible Dust (click here)
Grape Purple Edible Dust (click here)
Champagne Cream Gold luster dust (click here)
Egyptian Gold Edible Dust (click here)
White Edible Jewel Dust (click here)
Sop full category of edible dusts
1 recipe vanilla sugar cutout cookies (above)
7 ounces (200 g) white ready-to-use fondant
7 ounces white candy clay (above)
Confectioner’s sugar, for rolling and dusting piping jelly or fruit jelly
Gel paste food colors (I used pink, aqua, and purple) vodka
14 ounces (400 g) candy coating in white
1/3 cup (110 g) light corn syrup
2 tablespoons white gel paste food coloring
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the candy coating in 25-second intervals, stirring after each interval. Repeat until melted and smooth.
2. Combine corn syrup and white food coloring and microwave for 10 seconds. Add the corn syrup to the candy coating and stir until blended and thick. After about 30 strokes, it looks like magic! It becomes a candy clay. Pour it out 1/2 inch thick on wax paper or plastic wrap. Let dry for 1 hour.
3. Knead for about 1 minute and keep in well-sealed plastic zip-top bag until ready to use.
4. Microwave for 7 to 10 seconds before using and knead until soft and shiny.