Simple Easter Cookies using Edible Glitter
Make a batch of simple Easter Cookies to round out joyous family occasions this year. Whether you're filling Easter baskets or baking with the kids, making Easter cookies with edible glitter is sure to make this holiday unforgettable.
Traditional Easter desserts tend to lean towards fruit crumbles, tarts, and lavish bakes like carrot cake, but if you want to keep things a little simpler (and more fun!) this year, we've got just the thing — Easter cookies, decorated with pastel-themed Tinker Dust.
You can whip up a batch of delightful Easter cookies using themed cookie cutters. Our array of 3" bunny cookie cutters, as well as 3" egg, carrot, and basket shapes are tailor made for Easter-themed fun. All that's left is to follow the perfect cookie dough recipes we've tailored for you.
This recipe is perfect for someone just learning how to bake sugar cookies who wants to make Pinterest-worthy Easter dessert!
We are going to decorate these cookies with some of our favorite edible glitter Tinker Dusts in colors Creamsicle Orange, Ivory, Neon Yellow, and Rose Gold!
• 2 ½ sticks butter
• 1 c granulated sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 egg yolk
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 3 c all purpose flour
• 1 ½ tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp fine salt
• Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
• In a large bowl, beat the butter & sugar and light and fluffy using a hand mixer. Add in the egg, egg yolk & vanilla. Beat until well combined.
• In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder & salt.
• Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and gently mix. Once the flour is about absorbed, add the remainder of the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
• Roll out about 1/4 of the dough on a lightly floured surface (keeping your rolling pin lightly floured).
• Roll to a 1/4 inch thickness. Cut using your desired cookie cutters. Use an offset spatula to lift the cookies off the surface and place them on the tray.
• Bake for about 12 minutes, always keeping a look on, them of course! These cookies are done when they are barely golden brown on the edges.
• Allow to completely cool on the pan before decorating!
These cookies could make for a fun Easter activity with your children! Giving your kids blank sugar cookies and prepped piping bags could lead to a fun and creative way to celebrate Easter!
Don't forget to share your Easter cookies with us on Instagram @Bakell or Facebook!
Bakell® Krazy Sprinkles! Top 10 List FDA Compliant List!
Here are our top 5 Best Sellers for Easter!
1. Bakell® -- #1 Cotton Candy Mini Bead Sprinkles
2. Bakell® -- #2 Down the Rabbit Hole Mix
3. Bakell® -- #3 Pink Pearl 4mm Bead Sprinkles
4. Bakell® -- #4 Emerald Green Confetti Sprinkles
5. Bakell® -- #5 Blue Jimmies
>> SHOP ALL SPRINKLES COLLECTION <<
NOW THAT WE GOT THAT OUT OF THE WAY, LET'S GET STARTED...
Get Inspired - Meet Vlad Slickbartender
5 Amazing Cocktails With Our Edible Glitter For Drinks. Get Prepared For Easter Celebrations. Let's get you started!
COMBINE LUSTER DUST WITH EDIBLE SPRINKLES
The color combinations are endless, but so are the confectionery edible ingredients! Try any of our Luster Dust colors along with our edible sprinkles to make beautiful cookie & cake master pieces. Look how @mybabyisnapping painted our Periwinkle Blue Luster Dust side by side with our Champagne Pink Luster Dust as well as Teal Luster Dust and then added a layer of our Super Gold using "brush & splatter" techniques and then topped it off with our Birthday Party Sprinkles mix & Gold Pearl 4mm sprinkles Beads!
DID YOU KNOW? Bakell now carries edible sprinkles! They are 100% edible, FDA compliant, Kosher and most of all, packaged & processed right here in the USA out of our FDA registered Southern California commercial kitchen facilities! !